The Qualcast Electric Rotary Lawn Mower- 1400W is an excellent, powerful and very efficient mower in cutting wet or dry grass close to the edges. It features two larger rear wheels which makes for a smooth action over even ground and the larger wheels reduce the chance of it getting blocked when the grass is damp like in some other mowers. It does need much effort to operate and cuts over drain covers and the path very well.
This 1400 model is very reliable and easy to use which has contributed towards the cult type following it has enjoyed over the years. There are certainly more advanced mowers on the market. However at this price point many owners of small lawns liked the simplicity and reliability of the Qualcast.
- 1400 Watts
1400 Watts powers the lawn mower to cope with the extra demands of cutting your lawn. The Qualcast’s unique Electric Turbo Drive technology actually requires 1400Watts to transfer the power of the motor to the blade torque so as to maintain the blade speed in all conditions and help you achieve the best finish and efficient grass collection at all times.
- It Features a Strong Steel Blade with 37CM Width
The stainless steel blade delivers a precise 37cm wide cutting path. The strong blade and turbo drive motor provides AirLift grass collection technology that results into great cutting and collection performance.
The blade is perfect in cutting grass of various lengths and an added advantage is that all the Qualcast garden power products as well as pressure washers come with a free 2 year guarantee. You will therefore have peace of mind after purchasing the Qualcast Lawn Mower- 1400W.
- 2cm-7cm Cutting Height Range
Because different weather conditions, personal preferences and the type of grass play a role in determining the ideal cutting height the Qualcast Lawn Mower features 2 centimetres and 7 centimetres adjustable height range.
The lever for adjusting the height of the cut is well positioned and simple to use when the grass gets long. The height adjustment feature makes it easier to deliver perfect cuts and helps you to tailor the mowers performance to your lawn’s needs.
- 40 Litre Grass Collection Box
The generous 40 litre grass collection box is a decent size and is effective in easing the emptying process. Its large capacity keeps a reasonable amount of grass cuttings inside and therefore, it doesn’t need emptying very often. This enables you to mow at a faster rate and within a short period of time.
The 40 Litre grass collection box has an extra handle and is also light, which makes it easy to empty, remove and reconnect. It also features a little plastic flap that stands upright when in operation. The full indicator is effective in alerting you when the box is full which enables you to close the box. Therefore, you don’t have to keep on checking whether it is full or not.
- Compact and Lightweight Design
It has a lightweight construction which makes the mower easy to manoeuvre around lawn obstacles. It weighs only 14Kgs and this also contributes to the ease of carrying in and out of the shed or house. The compact design also helps it to fit comfortably in the shed or garage making storage easy.
- It has a quick stop blade brake.
- The handles are nicely designed and folds to help with storage. You should ensure that the cable is clear of the handle fold position while folding it as it is very easy to trap.
- It has two handed starting switch that offers no hassle start ups.
- There is a plastic gadget on the mower which can be used to hang the cable so that it doesn’t get in your way while mowing.
- The high speed turbo drive motor offers excellent performance and also features a safety switch which is extremely sensitive.
- It is reliable and has a manufactures guarantee of two years.
- It is made of strong, robust and solid materials which make it to be durable.
- It is easy to assemble and comes with an instruction manual.
- It is quick and operates quietly.
- The assembling procedures are not clearly outlined in the instruction manual. The included instruction manual has been criticized by some customers. However, assembling the machine is not a tough task to most.
- The 10 meter cable is considered to be too short, but this can be solved by using an extension cable.
Last update on 2017-11-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API