When it comes to lawn mowers and home tools, there are some names that immediately come to mind and Ryobi is certainly on this list. Over the years, they’ve designed and produced some fantastic products and we’re here today to review the OLM1833H One+.
For those looking for a new lawn mower, the biggest benefit to choosing this Ryobi model is that it’s part of the One+ system; if you own anything from this range, you’ll know that the 18V battery is compatible with every single tool. If you don’t have any Ryobi products yet, it’s worth being aware of this because you can start buying other products in the range knowing you don’t need to store several batteries and charging systems. In the long-term, this will also save you money…but is this lawn mower actually worth your investment?
On the whole, we’d say that the OLM1833H is a good lawn mower. With a cutting path of 33cm and an efficient design that allows for quick turning and manoeuvrability, there’s no doubt this lawn mower will suit the average gardener. Depending on the shape and size of your lawn, the cutting height can be adjusted with a full range between 25 and 65mm. What’s more, the ‘EasyEdge’ grass comb feature means you can cut right to the edge of your lawn (ideal if you’ve got decking and various other obstacles). Rather than having to trim the edges by hand, this cordless mower should do all the work for you.
In terms of the design, the handle is adjustable and has five positions so you’re likely to find one that’s comfortable and not too tiring for your hands, wrists, forearms, and shoulders. When you’re done for the day, Ryobi has also thought about storage and this is one of our favourite features of this ONE+ model. Not only does the handle fold and remove from the bulk of the unit, the grass catcher is also collapsible which makes it perfect even for those with little storage space.
- One+ Range – Firstly, whether this is your first or your seventeenth Ryobi One+ product, the brand always makes for a worthwhile investment and having all the tools work around the same 18V battery is a huge advantage.
- Compact Storage – As we’ve just seen, it folds down into a neat little package for storage and this prevents having to spend hours unpacking and rearranging the shed.
- Flexible Handle – Rather than having to use a handle that’s uncomfortable and prevents prolonged mowing, the handle adjustment saves the whole process from becoming a chore. Once you add into this the fact it’s cordless, lawn mowing can even become, dare we say it, enjoyable.
- Comparable with Others – Finally, compared to other products in the market from the likes of Bosch and Black & Decker, the Ryobi One+ OLM1833H really stands up to the test in features, cutting path, cutting height adjustment, and more.
- No Battery Included – If this is your first One+ tool, you’ll need to invest a little extra to get the battery. Although this makes the product more expensive in the short-term, it makes all subsequent Ryobi garden tools a little cheaper; the investment does become worthwhile in the future.
- Large Lawns? – In addition to this, we would also provide a warning to anybody with large gardens (anything over 200-220 square metres) since there may be better options around.
For the average lawn and the average person’s needs, the Ryobi OLM1833H One+ will work wonders; the many features create a simple mowing experience and present great value for money. However, if you have a large lawn or are worried about extended battery life, it might be wise to compare this with other mowers.
Last update on 2020-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API